£45000 - £50000 per annum + +plus negotiable package
3 months ago
Our client, a leading conveyor and automated solutions manufacturer in the south east Staffordshire area is looking to grow their business with the addition of a sales manager to work alongside the owner of the business in growing the company's offering to both new and existing clients in the automated distribution, logistics, retail and ecommerce sectors. This is a hands-on role within a small team, and the successful applicant should be capable of analysing market opportunities, develop new business, manage existing accounts, and assist in the development of design solutions when required.
Scope of role:
To work closely with the managing director and to establish and maintain leads, opportunities and project pipeline to support the businesses growth, order intake and sales revenue, as well as the development and maintenance of existing and future customers within the automated distribution, logistics, retail and ecommerce sector.
- Key sales and business development generation activities within the company's key sectors.
- Support the business owners with the development and execution of the business's sales strategy.
- Ensure the execution of regular market and competitor analysis reports back to the company.
- Develop and maintain new and key relationships with customers.
- Coordinate the development of concept studies and technical solutions on customer requests and be the point-of-contact for customer related queries.
- Manage the preparation of offer and contractual documents respecting the customer's and internal quality requirements.
- Perform monthly reporting.
- Lead and participate in contract negotiations.
- Attend client meetings and presentations to present the company's products of offerings.
- Ensure that every opportunity to optimise the company's margin during the selling process is taken without compromise to specification or loss of client satisfaction / relationship.
- Ensure that a business forecast is provided to support the resource planning process and is carried out on a monthly basis the objective is to ensure that the business does not over commit itself and that the required resources are available.
- Provide leadership to all company employees and be an active and instrumental part of the company's small but close team.
- Proven experience of being a sales driven professional who can bring in new business whilst maintaining existing client relationships.
- Outstanding sales ability, with excellent commercial awareness
- A background in materials handling and conveyor Industry with contacts within the automated ecommerce, retail logistics and distribution sectors.
- Strong engineering knowledge covering mechanical, electrical and controls.
- Outstanding communicator across all levels of the business
If you are interested in finding out more about this fantastic opportunity, then please apply now with your most up-to-date CV and one of the Gleeson team will be in touch with you to discuss more!