Our client, a leading global FMCG manufacturer is looking to expand their maintenance team with additional mechanically bias RME Technicians.
This role requires the ability to provide high level engineering technical expertise within a specific area to maximise the productivity and achievement of targets of the team, in a high-speed production environment. Reporting into the lead Engineer, you will work closely with the TCA to build a proactive, strong, knowledgeable team to run and maintain the production line to a high level of efficiency.
This role is on a 4 on 4 off (2x days, 2x nights) shift pattern.
- Support and ensure lines are operating at maximum efficiency to site quality standards
- Work side by side with TCA to drive line efficiencies.
- Define, plan and lead the necessary maintenance tasks during short downtime including daily Maintenance checks.
- Lead and co-ordinate breakdown engineering activities for the lines
- Ensure right first time completion of all line repairs and maintenance activities.
- Support successful implementation of planned maintenance and new projects
- Ensure maintenance\repair information is logged into SAP
- Assist the team to ensure changeover activities are continuously improved
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the performance of the equipment.
- Communicate with engineering colleagues to ensure continuity across shift.
- Contribute to the control of departmental R&M budget and ensure this is on target
- Complete root cause analysis, in line with down time procedure to Identify and implement preventative solutions
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance in respect of safety and quality systems
- Ensure waste levels are minimised to achieve area targets.
- Utilise Downtime effectively to complete OEE Improvement tasks.
- Production line experience on high speed packaging equipment in FMCG, food, or pharmaceutical
- Trained to a Mechanical and\or Electrical minimum craft level, ONC, HND Level preferred
- Mig/Tig welding, Machining, turning, milling experience an advantage
- Strong Pneumatic experience and able to read drawings and fault find complex problems.
- Worked under minimum supervision and a self starter with the ability to react quickly.
- A proven background of delivering the high-performance levels whilst leading from the front
- Awareness of quality/Good Manufacturing Practice
If you are interested in finding out more about this exciting opportunity, then please apply now with your most recent and up-to-date CV. Alternatively you can email for more information!
*Please note you must hold the right to work in the UK to apply for this position.