Solihull, West Midlands
£43000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + + benefits
about 1 month ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group are currently partnering with a market leading business in Solihull in search of a Risk and Internal Control Business Partner. This is a new position that offers great progression opportunities as well as fantastic exposure to unique and exciting projects to the West Midlands region. They require an ambitious, commercially-minded auditor to join their business to support across a variety of functions. This is an exciting position that will allow the successful individual to progress later in their career and have tangible influence of the company's future strategy.
As Risk and Internal Control Business Partner you will report into the head of the team and is responsible for the following:
- Assist Internal Audit Management in the Execution & delivery of the Annual Audit Plan
- Be a key contributor to the success of the Sarbanes-Oxley (Sox) Programme including walk-throughs, testing of key financial reporting and disclosure controls, remediation testing, deficiency analysis and reporting.
- Perform risk-based operational and financial and operational audits as needed.
- Present and discuss adequately supported audit findings, recommendations and conclusions with management.
- Track outstanding recommendations on an ongoing basis to ensure that these are adequately implemented.
- Audit reports for issue to all management levels.
- Prepare flow charts, identify key controls and draft risk-based Audit Programmes.
- From time to time, assist with any other special project work, as requested by the Internal Audit Manager
- Identify and potential process and Business improvement opportunities identified as part of tour review of processes
The ideal candidate for this role may have already acted as a Risk and Internal Control Business Partner previously or have a public practice background:
- Qualified accountant - ACA/ACCA/CIMA.
- Experience with implementing and testing audit procedures across a business.
- Strong ability to business partner & influence stakeholders.
- Experience within new projects.
- Strong commercial acumen with the ability to interpret financials into meaningful business recommendations.
- Ideally studied accountancy at university level.
What's On Offer?
- Salary of £45,000 + benefits
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Opportunity to work with a market-leading brand
- A positive and down-to-earth culture
- Flexible working arrangements
- Eligibility for a generous bonus scheme
If this sounds like the perfect position for you then please click apply to this advert!