£60000.00 - £65000 per annum
4 months ago
Revenue Operations Senior Accountant - £60,000-£65,000 (Depending on experience)
Discretionary Bonus, Pension,
Flexible, either London, Surrey, Home as a hybrid working model
We are delighted to be supporting our high-profile, well respected, fast-growth Software client, who seek to appoint a Revenue Operations Senior Accountant to join a high-performing team within a key area of the Revenue Accounting Function.
This particular role reports to the Revenue Recognition Manager and is to assist in revenue recognition, reporting and reconciliations and be responsible for a portfolio of projects.
Key tasks will include
- Review revenue related contracts for compliance with revenue recognition guidelines to determine appropriate accounting treatment for professional contracts.
- Investigate significant movement of revenue including review of percentage complete calculations. Work diligently with the professional services teams to ensure projects are tracked and accurately recorded monthly
- Prepare and review period end close activities, including system close, journal entries and analysis of revenue fluctuations
- Prepare and review accuracy of balance sheet reconciliations including deferred revenue, unbilled receivables, and contract asset balances. Investigate, document, and clear any discrepancies monthly
- Present monthly and quarterly revenue results to management
- Prepare data and other support information requests as needed for audits and reviews conducted by external auditors
- Gain a solid understanding of business transactions and accounting flow, whilst identifying and implementing continuous improvement initiatives related to revenue processes, including reporting, data gathering, analysis and enhancement of existing processes for efficiency and effectiveness
- Work collaboratively with FP&A and others within the organization to assist in understanding our actual revenue and understanding revenue movements.
- Assist in various ad-hoc Projects as they arise. Projects may involve the implementation of new systems, project accounting, creation of shared functions, etc.
- Ensure compliance with appropriate internal controls and ensure maintenance of control documentation for revenue related processes.
- Mentor and assist with developing junior team members and contribute to a positive and collaborative team culture with the highest integrity and sense of ownership
Suitable candidates for this role will be Qualified ACA, ACCA, CIMA with revenue accounting experience, a practical working knowledge of IFRS 15 and ASC 606 within a publicly listed SAAS company, and good MS Excel skills. You will need strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills, including the ability to summarize key accounting and operational issues to management.
The client are offering a generous basic salary, Pension, and other benefits with the opportunity to work on a flexible basis from either of their office locations, based in London or Woking, coupled with part of the week from home.