£40000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus
8 months ago
Reporting Accountant - Warwick - 40 - 50k + Bonus
Have you trained in practice, and now looking to make a first move into Industry? Or maybe you have already made the move and need to gain more experience to step into a Financial Controller role in the future?
Gleeson Recruitment group are working with an International retailer who due to continued growth, are now looking for a Qualified Accountant to join their team to drive performance, build on existing foundations, and encourage financial improvements within a well-established team.
The role will be based in Warwick and is responsible for financial accounting for the UK and Irish businesses, technical accounting support and the main point of contact for operational teams. This is a great opportunity for a Qualified Accountant who enjoys a technical role but also wants to develop a business partnering skill set. The leadership team encourage innovation, and need characters that can adapt quickly to change but also drive improvements.
The finance function has circa 20 individuals which can provide wealth of experience and support if needed. The right person for this role will constantly be looking for improvements, combined with strong communication skills and a hunger to progress.
ACA/ACCA Qualified is essential due to the technical nature of the role.
Reporting Accountant responsibilities includes:
- Ensure month end accounts are prepared in accordance with the Group's accounting policies
- Review and analyse monthly results to ensure that accounting entries are correct
- Prepare month end journals and support the Shared Service Centre with the monthly close
- Lead the balance sheet fleet account reconciliation process with the Shared Service Centre to ensure all ledgers are reconciled, open items are investigated and rectified in a timely manner and ready for the financial controllers review
- Support internal Sox testing as well as Internal Audit as required
- Provide necessary information and analysis required by external auditors to enable timely completion for consolidation and external reporting.