£45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + Bens
11 months ago
Regulatory Finance Manager
I am looking for somebody with some skills in leading cost efficiency initiatives if possible within a monopoly organisation or at least a company that is highly regulated or somebody who has a deep understanding of what a regulator is looking for in terms of efficiency especially where the company is a monopoly. Some experience of benchmarking would be useful too. We want somebody that is able to lead a systematic approach to efficiency tracking and improvements.
London - Business Outsourcing
Our client is at the forefront of providing sustainable energy solutions for a greener future
About the job
I am looking for a Regulatory Finance Manager to join the Regulatory Finance and Pricing team. The role will be responsible for actively seeking out cost efficiency; creating value for customers and the parent company; improving cost transparency with stakeholders; and reviewing business cases to ensure they are robust, consistent and appropriate for external audiences:
- Responsible for reviewing business cases to ensure they are robust, consistent and appropriate for external audiences
- Developing and/or improving the business case format(s) as required
- Responsible for seeking and tracking cost savings across the organisation with the aim to return savings to customers
- Responsible for improving cost transparency with external stakeholders
- Responsible for tracking and actively seeking to maximise return to parent company
- Commit to continuous improvement of processes and the introduction of best practice
- To research, develop and present proposals for change to senior management, where necessary, for change and manage the implementation where approved.
- Provide support to the business to identify and resolve regulatory finance issues to reduce potential risk.
- Supporting the Head of Regulatory Finance and Pricing in team priorities, as required
What we're looking for:
- Regulator background preferred.
- Educated to degree level, preferably in finance, accounting, economics or similar
- Experience in working in a regulated environment (either for a regulator or a regulated organisation within a regulatory finance or regulatory economics team)
- Experience of improving cost transparency
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, generally numerate with the ability to complete analysis, evaluate these and present findings to colleagues.
- Strong management and leadership skills, demonstrated through line management experience
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders e.g. regulators, government, auditors etc