£45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + car or allowance
2 months ago
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Regional Health & Safety Manager to join a market leading Plc based from Rainham in Essex.
As Regional Health & Safety Manager you will provide advice, support and guidance to the management team and colleagues on matters relating to health & safety across various sites in the London & South East region.
Managing a team of three, you will;
- Provide advice and guidance in line with government guidelines and legislation as well as best practice
- Attend and proactively contribute to relevant Health and Safety forums
- Complete suitable and sufficient risk assessments for individual colleagues and the business
- Develop health and safety plans and procedures according to legal requirements as a minimum
- Evaluate and update policies and procedures in conjunction with the Safety team
- Carry out safety audits and inspections and provide appropriate coaching.
- Monitor health and safety compliance at site level
- Provide learning and development forums for health and safety matters appertaining to Restore operations
- Conduct and advise on accident investigations giving proactive solutions
- Manage the RIDDOX accident reporting system for your respective area
- Carry out fire risk assessments
As the successful candidate you will have;
· A sound knowledge of health and safety legislation and its application to the work environment
· Experience in working in a health and safety role in an industrial, manufacturing, logistics or warehousing environment
· Experience of developing and providing health and safety training at all levels
· Able to problem solve and deal with difficult situations in a professional manner
· A sound knowledge of MS Office
· Hold as a minimum the NEBOSH General Certificate or working towards it
· To attain as a minimum IOSH Tech grade membership and to be working towards CMIOSH
You will need to be flexible in your outlook and application of safety as the role, on occasion, requires difficult decisions to be made. The role may necessitate a flexible approach to working hours and will occasionally involve an overnight stay. Due to the nature of the role and necessity to travel to various sites, the applicant must hold a full driving license and will be provided with either a company car or allowance.