North East England, England
£45000.00 - £55000.00 per annum
about 1 month ago
Quantity Surveyor/ Estimator
Hybrid Role (North East of England)
Salary up to £55k
Car Allowance, laptop, phone, pension all included within benefits
Private Healthcare, Pension, Life Insurance, Retail Discounts included within benefits
I am working exclusively on behalf of a vibrant and successful design led interior fit out and refurbishment company. My client's succession is growing at a rapid pace, requiring them to now recruit for a Quantity Surveyor/Estimator to join their team. The company environment is family orientated, where staff are passionate about design and building sustainable environments.
My client undertake a wide variety of projects ranging from simple refurbishments through to large scale complex developments. Whether it is a one stop shop for their clients, offering an interior design and specification service, or an on-site construction works and eventually through to hand over, my client offer and deliver a full service to an exceptional standard ensuring repeat business.
This is a perfect opportunity for an experienced Quantity Surveyor/Estimator to join a diverse and forward thinking company on their ever growing success.
Due to a large growth in business and quotations, my client is recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor/ Estimator to help manage and deliver the company's demand. As a Quantity Surveyor for my client you will be negotiating, pricing, surveying, and delivering.
You will be supporting a regular existing client base along side new business. The split between projects will have a main focus on commercial office, with some industrial.
You will be a Quantity Surveyor from contractor side, working within commercial and office fit out. We will also consider a Quantity Surveyor from a construction background.
Technical Competencies/Professional Expertise
- A degree in Quantity Surveying.
- Relevant experience in commercial/office fit out field.
- The ability to use and put in place Building Contracts (generally JCT) for sub-contractors including warranties.
- The ability to check/ put in place Contracts that the company enter into with their clients.
- The ability to assess the implications of Contract Amendments.
- The ability to estimate, build up cost plans and prepare and submit tenders. Projects could range between £50,000.00 and £5 million.
- The assessment of sub-contractor valuations, preparation of valuations, ongoing commercial support on projects including the negotiation of Final Accounts.
To apply for the Quantity Surveyor/Estimator position, please click on the apply now button and your CV will be sent directly to the responsible recruiter. We will respond to successful applicants within 7 days, however please feel free to get in touch if you would like any further information about your application.