£55000.00 - £75000.00 per annum + car, bonus
about 1 month ago
Are you a Quantity Surveyor looking for the opportunity to supercharge your career prospects? Are you employed at the moment but missing the spark you get when you are happy?
We are looking for a committed and ambitious Quantity Surveyor who wants to work for a client-side organisation in the EV arena. You will join an exciting new business in it's infancy, who also happen to be part of one and backed by of the largest operators in the world.
In this hybrid role based from Bedfordshire you will be working within a growing project delivery team you will have the opportunity (as the No.1 QS) to grow as our client grows. The sky is the limit in this role! With a pipeline of 32 projects our client has rapid growth planned and you have the opportunity to play a key role in this growth.
Working within the Development team the Quantity Surveyor responsibilities will include;
- Cost planning and feasibility work
- Producing and issuing BOQ's to contractors on projects
- Analysing Tenders and appointing Contractors
- Cost monitoring and reporting of contracts
- Handling Contractors re-measurement, interim and final account payments
- Production and administration of contracts and issuing to Contractors
- Attending pre and post tender meetings, reviewing tender enquiries, including bills of quantities, estimating and tendering on commercial and industrial projects and preparing tender and contract documents
- Assessment and negotiation of variations and claims
- Assess cost effectiveness of products, projects or services, tracking actual costs relative to bids as the project develops
- Liaising with site managers on financial matters relating to contracts, performing risk, value management and cost control
- Certifying progress claims and payments to contractors against work completed
- Attend meetings to provide QS input, review project progress and present project data as appropriate
- Analyse potential/actual outcomes and producing detailed progress reports
- Maintaining procurement files & purchase agreement to an auditable standard
The successful Quantity Surveyor will have a proven track record on medium and large-scale construction projects. Previous experience of EV, utilities, substation or infrastructure works will be highly advantageous. You will be able to operate effectively in meetings, client facing and on site. As the successful Quantity Surveyor you will be highly motivated, able to work autonomously with minimal support and have a strong drive to make things happen. You will be able to drive with excellent verbal, numeracy and presentation skills. You will have knowledge of the legal building regulations and requirements and be working for a contractor, consultant or development team currently.
On offer to the successful Quantity Surveyor is a competitive basic salary dependant on experience plus company car or car allowance, bonus and numerous other attractive benefits.