Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
£30000.00 - £50000 per annum + Car allowance, pension, bonus
4 months ago
Are you an ambitious Quantity Surveyor looking for the unique opportunity to work client-side?
We have rare opportunity for an ambitious Quantity Surveyor to join the Construction Development team of a progressive hospitality organisation based in Buckinghamshire.
This role will be of interest to those who are highly motivated with a strong desire to work in a successful and growing client-side hospitality organisation with exciting expansion plans in the UK.
Working within the Development team the Quantity Surveyor responsibilities will include;
- Producing and issuing BOQ's to main and sub-contractors on projects
- Analysing Tenders and appointing Contractors
- Cost monitoring and reporting of contracts
- Handling Contractors re-measurement, interim and final account payments
- Production of contracts and issuing to Contractors
- Attending pre and post tender meetings, reviewing tender enquiries, including bills of quantities, estimating and tendering on commercial and industrial projects and preparing tender and contract documents
- Assessment and negotiation of variations and claims
- Assess cost effectiveness of products, projects or services, tracking actual costs relative to bids as the project develops
- Liaising with site managers on financial matters relating to contracts, performing risk, value management and cost control
- Certifying progress claims and payments to contractors against work completed
- Attend meetings to provide QS input, review project progress and present project data as appropriate
- Analyse potential/actual outcomes and producing detailed progress reports
- Maintaining procurement files & purchase agreement to an auditable standard
The successful Quantity Surveyor will have made a start in their career in the construction sector but be looking to take on a role where they will be challenged and therefore must possess the capacity to progress. They will be able to drive with excellent verbal, numeracy and presentation skills. They will have knowledge of the legal building regulations and requirements and be working for a contractor, consultant or development team currently.
On offer to the successful Quantity Surveyor is a basic salary dependant on experience plus company car or car allowance (£5,100).