Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
£50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + car, bonus
3 months ago
Are you looking for your next role as a Quantity Surveyor but want to do something different and exciting?
Life with our client, a leading national hospitality group, is fast-paced and energetic, they work alongside major UK Brands (Starbucks, KFC, Subway, and many more) over a nationwide network of sites.
They're looking for a Quantity Surveyor in a hybrid working role to play a key role in their forward growth plans over the next 3-5 years and beyond.
What will your role look like?
As the Quantity Surveyor, you will be part of the Property and Developments team, reporting to the Commercial Manager. You will be involved with negotiating, setting up, and managing main contract and subcontract packages for our major construction projects.
You will be responsible for:
- Cost planning and feasibility work
- Analysing tenders and appointing contractors
- Handling contractors re-measurement, interim and final account payments
- Production and administration of contracts.
- Pre and post-tender meetings, reviewing tender inquiries, including bills of quantities, estimating, and tendering on commercial and industrial projects, and preparing tender and contract documents.
- Assessment and negotiation of variations and claims
- Assess cost-effectiveness of products, projects, or services, tracking actual costs relative to bids as the project develops.
- Liaising with Site Managers on Financial matters relating to contracts, performing risk, value management, and cost control.
- Certifying progress claims and payments to contractors against work completed.
- Analyse potential / actual outcomes and produce details progress reports.
- Maintain procurement files and purchase agreements to an auditable standard.
- Design coordination to manage outturn costs.
Ideally, you will have:
- Proven record of medium and large-scale construction projects, preferably in large retail, hospitality, or leisure industry.
- Knowledge of the JCT form of contract and requirements.
- Strong interpersonal skills to attend /lead in senior meetings/ negotiate contracts and present back to board/key stakeholders.
- Capable of working in a fast passed environment and ability to adapt to change.
- IT literate with sound knowledge of Microsoft Office packages and ideally, Development Appraisals.
- Ability to work to high-profile deadlines
- Experience of negotiating and influencing effectively
- Knowledge and experience of contracts Management.
- Civil Engineering cost control/ experience would be advantageous
If the above hasn't convinced you, can we twist your arm with this?
- Company Car Scheme, or equivalent car allowance
- 30 days Holiday (inc. BH) - entitlement increases with service
- Pension Scheme
- Employee discounts (50% off onsite KFC, BK, Starbucks and Pizza Express to name a few)
- Company discounts - savings at hundreds of retailers including Currys PC World, Nike, Ikea, Tesco, Asda, Argos, Booking.com etc
- Career progression and brilliant training programmes
- Cycle to work scheme - salary sacrifice scheme allows you to save money on bikes
- Free onsite parking
- Free lunch provided in office