Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
£50000.00 - £70000.00 per annum + car, bonus, pension
about 2 months ago
Are you an experienced Quantity Surveyor looking for the unique opportunity to work client-side?
We have rare opportunity for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join the Construction Development team of a progressive hospitality organisation. With exciting new projects starting across the country our client now seeks a suitably experienced construction commercial expert to manage the commercial aspects of these exciting new projects based from their Head Office. The projects are large-scale retail or hospitality-led mixed-use schemes.
This role will be of interest to those who are highly motivated with a strong desire to work in a successful and growing client-side organisation with exciting expansion plans in the UK.
Working within the Development team the Quantity Surveyor responsibilities will include;
- Producing and issuing BOQ's to main and sub-contractors on projects
- Analysing Tenders and appointing Contractors
- Cost monitoring and reporting of contracts
- Handling Contractors re-measurement, interim and final account payments
- Production of contracts and issuing to Contractors
- Attending pre and post tender meetings, reviewing tender enquiries, including bills of quantities, estimating and tendering on commercial and industrial projects and preparing tender and contract documents
- Assessment and negotiation of variations and claims
- Assess cost effectiveness of products, projects or services, tracking actual costs relative to bids as the project develops
- Liaising with site managers on financial matters relating to contracts, performing risk, value management and cost control
- Certifying progress claims and payments to contractors against work completed
- Attend meetings to provide QS input, review project progress and present project data as appropriate
- Analyse potential/actual outcomes and producing detailed progress reports
- Maintaining procurement files & purchase agreement to an auditable standard
The successful Quantity Surveyor will have a proven track record on medium and large-scale construction projects. Previous experience of large retail, hospitality or leisure projects with major infrastructure works will be highly advantageous. You will be able to operate effectively in senior meetings, client facing and on site.
You will be able to drive with excellent verbal, numeracy and presentation skills. You will have knowledge of the legal building regulations and requirements and be working for a contractor, consultant or development team currently.
On offer to the successful Quantity Surveyor is a competitive basic salary dependant on experience plus company car or car allowance, 30 days annual leave (inclusive of Bank Holidays), bonus and numerous other attractive benefits.