£38000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + plus car, bonus
8 months ago
Are you looking for an opportunity with a leading national business? If the answer is YES, our client is recruiting in Nottingham and this could be the ideal role for you.
Our client is a leader in their field and has been shaping the world as we know it for more than 100 years, from the roads we drive on every day, to the buildings, airports, stadiums, offices and hospitals we live in and work in. They also have huge ambitions for the future and want to continue their growth and innovation to remain at the leading edge of our industry. They offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards. They're looking for people who share this passion, enthusiasm and collaborative approach to join their team of over 7,000 employees across the UK. As part of a global business the career opportunities are limitless!
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Quantity Surveyor to work within the highway maintenance division in Nottingham. Joining their team as a Quantity Surveyor you will be entitled to a highly competitive basic salary and a great range of benefits including:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the their reward scheme with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Training and development opportunities
As a Quantity Surveyor your work will involve:
- Undertake measurement and preparation of valuations with a view to maximising returns under the provisions of the Contract Conditions and Company procedures.
- Prepare and agreed interim valuations and final accounts.
- Record, monitor and review the financial performance of contracts.
- Secure payments from customers within the specified contract terms and manage payment of sub-contractors
- Pricing and agreement of Target Costs.
- Administration of highway maintenance schemes in conjunction with the operational teams including early Warning notification and the pricing and agreement of Compensation Events.
- It is preferred that applicants are educated to at least HND level although other equivalent qualifications may be accepted.
- Prior experience of working on highway maintenance, highway construction or general civil engineering is preferred.
- A proven track record of delivery, excellent communication skills, good level of numeracy, IT skills and experience of using the NEC forms of contract would be advantageous.
If you feel you have the skills and experience required to excel in the role of a Quantity Surveyor, we want to hear from you. Please click APPLY to register your interest!