Wolverhampton, West Midlands
£290 - £300 per day + 45p per mile
6 months ago
Are you looking for a new 3-6 month assignment as Quantity Surveyor? Do you possess experience in the civils or utilities sector and looking to start a new role as soon as possible?
We are working with a specialist Telecommunications contractor who have seen significant success this year with the award of a number of new contracts. They are growing from strength to strength and are looking to bolster their commercial department with the addition of a Quantity Surveyor to undertake specific duties in supporting the Senior Quantity Surveyor.
Based from Wolverhampton you will be expected to travel to site in Essex once a week with all travel expenses covered.
As Quantity Surveyor your responsibilities will include;
- Preparation of payment application to issue to the client
- Review of subcontractor payment applications and liaison with operations team to ensure correctness
- On site liaison (Essex) with site team/subcontractors
- Work with client to raise variations and agree them
- Establishment of material recharge process to ensure that correct deductions are passed onto labour only contractors
- Work with warehouse/stores team to ensure robust materials control process in place
- Work with supply chain lead to assist onboarding of new subcontractors including agreement of rate cards, issuing contracts and communication of payment terms/processes
- Review of contract (NEC3) to ensure we are compliant with reporting/delivery
It is envisaged that this contract will run for up to 6 months, possibly longer. As the successful candidate you will be able to drive, have your own car and be willing to travel to Essex weekly, all other days will be spent at the Wolverhampton office.
On off to the successful candidate is a day rate of £300. To register you interest please contact as soon as possible.