East Midlands, England
£32000.00 - £35000.00 per annum
2 months ago
Hybrid Role (East Midlands preferably)
Westfield Health Level 2, Individual Group Pension Scheme, 25 days plus bank holidays plus added benefits
I am working on behalf of a fantastic private care organisation who supports more than 650 people across the Midlands and North of England, in more than 150 services. The client empower individuals to gain or regain skills to help them to live independently and recover from illness in the most unobtrusive and least restrictive manner possible. They support people aged 18 and over who have learning disabilities, enduring mental ill health, autism and associated complex behavioural needs. My client has been established for over 25 years and are continuing to grow as a company with the opening of new offices across the country.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with supporting living experience to help effect change and influence a range of services for a passionate and successful company who care about their people.
Due to a growth in business, my client is recruiting for a Quality Manager to join the team. You will be working with the Director of Quality to develop and implement governance procedures ensuring that services across the organisation are audited effectively but also in a qualitative manor.
My client requires someone compassionate who wants to influence the services offered and effect change for the positive. They require someone with great communication and interpersonal skills. You will be supportive, autonomous and confident, and be able to help out the business where required.
This is an opportunity to be part of a team providing advice, support and education on quality, governance and risk management in both a proactive and, where necessary, a reactive way.
Please note this role will involve travel and the occasional over night stay
- You will be required to work with the Quality Director to ensure that policies and procedures are updated and reviewed when legislation or organisational change requires it.
- You will help develop and deliver training and development for employees on all new legislative changes and developments in the supported living and domiciliary sector, or any other areas identified as being required to ensure that the company delivers a good standard of care and support.
- Be a strong advocate for the group both internally and externally and promote the work of the organisation to all stakeholders in a positive manner
- Monitor and analyse trends and anomalies in the ERIC (event reporting) system to ensure that the company can respond quickly an improve practice where required.
* Attend Operational Team Meetings, giving feedback and reporting on quality matters within the region and feeding back any quality matters to the Director of Quality within the Integrated Governance Structure.
* Work with the Director of Quality to support the notification of events to CQC in line with the regulatory framework and support any actions required through this process.
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- A proven track record of management experience with learning disabilities, physical disabilities, autism, challenging behaviour and complex needs within a range of services such as supported living, domiciliary care, care homes or day centres/outreach projects.
- An understanding of current and future challenges facing the care sector, and a sound understanding of the legislative and regulatory framework.
- Experience of producing and presenting reports to senior management or board level.
- A clear commitment and understanding of equality and diversity requirements.
- Demonstrable knowledge of delivering and managing a care service that meets or exceeds regulatory frameworks & quality standards.
- Experience in the development and management of external strategic partnerships including those with local authorities.
- A track record of effective communication within different organisations and with stakeholders both internal and external to those organisation.
- A commitment to working in a collaborative way as part of a senior management team
- A strong commitment to the delivery of excellent services that meet the needs of those we support
- Ability to multitask, organise and prioritise work and deliver results to tight deadlines
- High level of written and oral communication skills and ability to communicate with employees and promote and present positively the company to a range of stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to present complex information in an easy to understand way
To apply for the Quality Manager position, please click on the apply now button and your CV will be sent directly to the responsible recruiter. We will respond to successful applicants within 7 days, however please feel free to get in touch if you would like any further information about your application.