£40000 - £55000 per annum
2 months ago
This new role carries overall responsibility for product quality for ourselves. This person would be the face of our Quality and will interact with staff involved in every aspect of quality assurance at all levels within the group and with our manufacturing partners. The scope would cover initial product development all the way through to any claims arising from the end user and corrective action. The objective of the role would not only be to lead the quality function, but also to actively identify, promote and implement initiatives to improve all aspects of quality, going well beyond complaints resolution.
The ability to work both hands on within the team, as well as leading the team from the front are essential features of the role. It will be based primarily on site in Evesham, with limited remote/home working anticipated. It is expected that the candidate would need to be based in the local area/commutable to it. Some international travel would be necessary including both European and long haul. Travel within the UK could also be anticipated. This role will have 2 direct reports, one based in UK and one in Asia.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
Leading the Quality Team
- To lead the QA team and ensure that all quality assurance functions within the group are working effectively.
- To represent in all quality matters with group
- Review, develop and improve policies, procedures, and processes to ensure they result in improvements in product quality for all customers.
- Draft new systems and procedures and modify existing procedures where necessary and in agreed formats, in line with ISO9001/14001.
- Oversee and develop the claims process to ensure that justified product quality issues are dealt with in an efficient manner in accordance with agreed process and to ensure that appropriate action is taken to prevent recurrence.
- As part of the technical team, identify factory continuous improvement action required to improve product quality, hence reducing the cost and number of claims going
- Review and monitor manufacturing partners to ensure they remain compliant with agreed quality standards, and they continue to meet agreed continuous improvement plans that deliver quality, cost, and delivery targets
- Lead and / or contribute to problem solving
- Lead by example and actively promote the development of a culture of continuous
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare monthly report for detailing
- Be aware of regulatory changes in all jurisdictions in which the customer operates
- Report to customers/timely communication of issues, reasons and planned corrective
- Contribute to the formulation of ongoing strategy
- Develop the team's skills, building a highly motivated and high performing
- Identify training needs for self and
- Feed intelligence into NPD development
- Contribute to the proposed NPD handover packs for ourselves
- Deputise for the Head of Technical when required
- Any other duty appropriate to the nature and level of responsibility of the role and technical
The idel candiate will have:-
- Minimum 5 years recent experience in senior quality role in any of the following industries or similar
- Floor coverings, adhesives
- Plastics/rubbers, coatings,
- (Food, pharmaceuticals)