Quality Assurance Engineer - Contract - Aerospace - South Birmingham
Are you a Quality Assurance Engineer with a solid background driving improvement to existing Quality Management systems within the Aerospace sector? If so, a Midlands based organisation who design, manufacture, and assemble precision forged and machined components are looking for you!
As the Quality Assurance Engineer, you will be responsible flow down of customer requirements through Drawing, Order, Specification through the Technical contract review process. You shall confirm compliance with internal and external requirements produced as a result of internal process through independent audits. The incumbent will manage Quality Assurance audits and quality record retention activity and verify sustainability of corrective actions resulting from audit or improvement activity.
The Quality Assurance Engineer will have the following responsibilities:
- Promote improvements to existing Quality Management systems, processes and Facilities to continuously improve services to our customer base.
- Co-ordinate activities across site to maintain National and Customer accreditation's required in the company's chosen business sectors.
- Maintenance and control of quality management system in all areas of the business.
- Create and manage the internal audit plan.
- Maintain internal audit records, facilitate timely closure of internal audit findings.
- Co-ordinate response and closure of external audit findings.
- Provide accurate feedback to all areas of the business of internal/external audit findings.
- Interface with external audit agents for review of businesses quality management system.
- Manage quality record retention in all areas of the business.
- Manage the review and issue of specifications.
Skills required or the Quality Assurance Engineer:
- Degree / HND qualification in Engineering, Quality and/or Materials (Preferred but not essential).
- Proven track record as a Quality professional in the Aerospace or Automotive sectors.
- Operated in a similar within a manufacturing environment.
- Proven track record with a successful portfolio of achievement.
- Driver of Continuous Improvement.
- Strong communication and people skills.
If you would like to know more about the Quality Assurance Engineer role, please apply or contact Neil Cayley on 07527257851 or email