Your new company
Your new company is a leading organisation based in Birmingham City Centre; due to ongoing growth they are looking for a QA Analyst.
Your new role
The Quality Assurance (QA) Analyst will adhere to test strategy; contribute to test planning; design, write and execute test scripts; identify defects and verify fixes, and provide assurance that software solutions satisfy user / business requirements and functional / non-functional designs.
The Test Analyst will train, support and manage business users in the creation, development and execution of user acceptance test scripts and liaise directly with Test Engineers to support the ongoing development and maintenance of automated regression, integration and non-functional test suites.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Contribute to and actively drive the development, establishment and implementation of quality assurance control measures and testing standards for new/existing applications throughout their development/product lifecycles
- Utilise test management and test automation tools throughout projects and evaluate the overall effectiveness of the tools for implementation within the QA team
- Interface with business analysts, developers, customers, project managers and business leads to deliver testing (including automation testing)
- Analyse documentation and technical requirements raising any queries to determine intended functionality with the relevant stakeholders
- Design the test strategy, agree scope and estimate the overall test effort
- Create test plans for any new software, products and services ensuring that they follow the support transition and release control validation process
- Plan, organise and lead a stakeholder meeting to review the test approach and test plan to gain approval and sign-off
- Work with the relevant team to ensure the application and test environment are "test ready" (eg adding of data/users and builds for the tests)
- Lead and/or guide the execution of the Test Plan. Actively monitor and analyse test results in order to discover and report any defects, errors or configuration issues. Communicate test progress and report back test results, presenting recommendations for improvement or alternatives to address potential problems identified during the testing phase to project stakeholders
- Analyse and identify key trends and statistics from the test execution phase to create and present a test summary report to the Project Manager
- Recommend knowledge bank entries pertaining to new products and services and upgrades to existing service by disseminating the information to the IT Operations team, to ensure sufficient support is in place
- Verify and revise quality assurance standards where needed
- Fully test any authorised non-standard software before deploying to the standard desktop
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience of working in an IT testing capacity
- Experience of leading on the test element of a project from initiation through to deployment
- Experience of stakeholder management
- Experience of creating and executing test scripts
- Experience of Microsoft Office product suite and operating systems
- Working knowledge of change management processes
- Working knowledge of release and deployment processes
- Working knowledge of object-oriented programming
- Working knowledge of test automation tools and methodologies
A technical background is desirable
What you need to do now
if Interested in this role please apply online or please call me on 07925 301 099.