20 days ago
Purchasing Manager - Direct
Salary - Negotiable
Gleeson Recruitment Group are proud to be working exclusively with a client that is a manufacturer/retailer of automotive parts based in Birmingham who are currently expanding and looking to take on-board an experienced Purchasing Manager to cover all direct categories, which will vary depending on the business needs. This is an exciting time to join the organisation as they look to centralise all their procurement and will require individuals who have previously helped to implement processes within a business that is currently going through change.
This opportunity offers genuine progression routes internally for an organisation who are currently making record profits and are seeing continual growth.
The client is specifically looking for an individual who has a strong retail or goods for resale experience.
- Review product areas in conjunction with Procurement Director/Principal Members to identify opportunities to improve the commercial position through margin/sales improvement
- Effective management of the cost/supplier base
- In conjunction with product management team, deliver specific cost-based initiatives
- Communicate with Procurement Director and other Senior Management, ensuring "buy in" to company strategy and update on implementation process and progress
- Issue resolution (from Vendor, Principal Member and Board)
- Apply and develop a world class sourcing process for the interaction between Principal Members and suppliers
- Maintain co-ordinated and effective commercial relationship with strategic suppliers and Principal Members through regular reviews and structured communication
- Savings measurement, budget
- Ensure highest ethical principles and standards are implemented
If this is an opportunity that you could be suited to, then please get in touch.