Derby, Derbyshire, E. Midlands, England
2 months ago
Are you an experienced Purchasing Manager with experience within the aerospace or automotive industries? Do you have excellent communication skills with a strong track record of delivering savings? If so, this role could be perfect for you.
Based in Derbyshire, as Purchasing Manager, you will identify and evaluate potential suppliers, collate and analyse data and ensure costs are driven down whilst ensuring high quality and reliability of products. You will also manage the purchasing of materials, finished parts and sub-contractors whilst establishing strategic relationships with key suppliers. You will design and implement supply chains to support the business direction and also manage a small team with responsibility for training and development, coaching and managing performance.
A key part of your role will be to monitor forecasts and identify any changes and then manage the effect on the supply chain, analyse inventories and reduce waste. You will design and assist implement plant warehousing strategies for production materials and finished goods.
In order to carry out this role, you will need the following skills and experience:
- Strong negotiation skills
- Previous experience as a Senior Buyer or Purchasing Manager within the automotive, aerospace or general manufacturing industries
- The ability to draft and negotiate SLAs
- Experience of procuring metals and sub contract services
- Proficient in setting up long-term agreements and major contracts
- The ability to remain calm in a pressurised environment
In return you will receive a salary of £50,000 to £55,000 plus benefits.