I am currently recruiting for a Purchasing Assistant based in Walsall. You will be working for a growing online retailer and initially will spend 2 days in the office with the rest working from home. From January this will change; there will still be flexible working but the majority of the week will be spent in the office.
You will report into the head of the purchasing department and will have responsibility for liaising with suppliers around, pricing, lead times and stock levels, creating and placing purchase orders and maintaining and updating the ERP system. You will also provide monthly/weekly reports for the Purchasing Team, compile KPIs for board reports and investigate stock discrepancies.
In order to carry out this role, you will need the following skills and experience:
- GCSE grade C and above in Maths & English
- Computer Literate - Microsoft Excel/Word/Outlook
- Good level of numerical ability and accuracy
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build relationships and liaise effectively with suppliers/customers
- Organisational skills and prioritisation of work
In return, you will receive a salary of £18,000 to £23,500 dependent on experience.
If you meet the above criteria, please do not hesitate to apply.