£35,000 pa + benefits
Are you a Purchasing Analyst with strong experience working within procurement function? Are you used to working with large volumes of data and extracting relevant information? If so then Gleeson have a role that may be suited to you!
As Procurement Analyst, you will support the Head of Commercial in the delivery of objectives for category areas and support the overall strategy for the procurement function. You will develop improved management information and data analysis systems and be responsible for adhoc tactical sourcing of business requirements. You will also analyse market trends, research suppliers and assist with tenders and prepare spend data. You will also ensure procurement best practice is being followed and look for areas to rationalise and consolidate spend.
This opportunity is with a client Gleeson are exclusively working with to oversee the Data management of supplier information and procurement reports as the team continues to grow and the organisation looks to centralise all their procurement. As the organisation expands even further there will be genuine scope to progress further up the procurement ladder for the right candidates.
To carry out this role, you will need the following skills and experience:
- Receive supplier cost prices, input into the system correctly to ensure price changes are notified to all trading partners. Keeping pricing tracker up to date
- Analyse the line level detail from the suppliers of the price changes reporting to the purchasing managers/ product team the changes and cross reference alternatives
- In conjunction with the Purchasing Manager and purchasing provide information /reports/analysis to facilitate the negotiations with suppliers
- Working within the Purchasing Team effectively maintain the terms on the system proactively policing suppliers
- Update supplier purchase spend by member in spend book and analyse movements. Ensure spend book is always up to date and chase supplier data
- Reconciliation of Nexus turnover spend by supplier and work with suppliers to obtain any missing information
- Update rebate agreements in pricing system
- Ensure correct pricing is on the system, that correct pricing is loaded on to the system within the specified time periods, and that the terms are up to date on the system
- Provide support to the Purchasing team in their activities including communication with suppliers and members
- Communicate internally amongst the Pricing Manager and team, DDS team, Principal members and their employees, Product Managers, and departmental employees.
If this is an opportunity that you could be suited to, then please get in touch at or submit your CV.