Erdington, West Midlands
Up to £25000 per annum
7 days ago
Purchase Ledger Clerk - 6 month fixed term contract (maternity cover)
To start ASAP - you must be available immediately on 1 weeks notice max
£25,000 per annum
Monday - Thursday 8am-4.30pm, Fridays 8am-12.30pm
To be multi-skilled in all aspects of purchase ledger with a working knowledge of other finance related activities.
The candidate will be responsible for close to 180 suppliers and be expected to process approximately 5,000 invoices on an annual basis. These represent all suppliers beginning from A to G whereas suppliers from H to Z which also covers 5,000 invoices are the responsibility of the second purchase ledger clerk.
The company has implemented a bespoke system which allows invoice inputting to be a simplified process.
- Processing supplier invoices include booking in and coding using the three-way match process.
- Resolving invoices on hold and supplier debit balances
- Analysing the freight services account and ensuring correct accounting codes and periods are used
- Debit and credit notes processing.
- Maintaining the 'Goods Received Not Invoiced' register.
- Supplier price and booking in queries.
- Reconciliation of supplier statements to the purchase ledger and resolving all variances.
- Review purchase ledger queries and liaise with other departments / supplier to resolve.
- Support / assist the purchase ledger clerk including preparing daily sales and stock data.
- Maintenance of the finance mailbox throughout the day.
- Opening and distributing the daily post.
- Reconciling the bank statements to the general ledger.
- Processing BACS and manual payments on Barclays.
- Maintaining the under £5k invoice accrual.
- Monthly payroll deduction reconciliation and matching payments to the general ledger.
- Checking and processing employee expenses
If you have the relevant experience please apply.