£20000.00 - £23000.00 per annum
7 months ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group are supporting an Logistics firm in Tamworth with their need to recruit a Purchase Ledger Clerk on a permanent basis, reporting directly into the site Finance Manager. The successful Purchase Ledger Clerk can expect a salary between £21,000 - £23,000 depending on experience.
You will be required to work in a busy small finance team, working alongside another Purchase Ledger Clerk, providing day to day support to the Finance Manager. This is an excellent opportunity to gain a variety of experience in all areas of accounts in a growing business.
Purchase Ledger Clerk responsibilities
- Maintaining Purchase Ledger - processing circa 2000 invoices per month
- Raising and matching purchase orders to invoices, reconciling supplier statements, supplier queries, processing payments, and maintaining accurate supplier information on the ledger
- Be the first point of contact for regional teams and branches
- Ensuring all stock invoices are correctly booked in, chasing for supplier for credit requests
- Assist the Finance Manager in the timely and accurate preparation of supplier payments whether by BACS, foreign payment transfer or manual charges
- Experience of working in a similar, varied role in a busy accounts department
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to work accurately
- Good organisation skills, able to manage a busy, varied workload and meet tight deadlines
- Good IT skills - intermediate excel skills including V Look ups and pivot tables
To apply for the Purchase Ledger Clerk position, please click on the apply now button and your CV will be sent directly to the responsible recruiter. We will respond to successful applicants within 7 days, however please feel free to get in touch if you would like any further information about your application.