Are you a blossoming Purchase Ledger looking for your next step? Gleeson Recruitment Group are working with a growing manufacturing business based in Telford who are looking to appoint an experienced Purchase Ledger for 30 hours per week on a permanent basis. The successful Purchase Ledger will bring a positive, can-do attitude to the table and receive up to £23,000 FTE. This is a fantastic opportunity if you have 3-5 years Purchase Ledger experience, are looking to join a super friendly team and become part of the finance family!
This manufacturing business has experienced growth throughout 2021 and it's not slowing down for 2022! You must be detail orientated and use your initiative - if there are delays in payment this can affect production, so it is imperative you recognise when it is appropriate to escalate any issues and promptly deal accordingly. The Purchase Ledger will be an imperative member of the finance team and feel truly valued - you will be happy to muck in and help out where required.
Purchase Ledger Key Responsibilities:
- Logging, maintaining and electronic filing of invoices, recognising where approval is needed
- Reconcile supplier statements
- Investigate queries and assist with reporting
- Liaise with suppliers in a friendly and professional manner
- Maintain accurate records of vendor details
- Support your Financial Director with month end close
- Authorise and process payments
- Create company reports
- Create, log and process company expenses
- Support Sales Ledger by posting GBP cash received
- Complete daily Sales Invoice runs and upload relevant documents to customer portals
- Ad-hoc office assistance, such as reception duties
- Support the Finance Department as and when required
- Manage post and incoming cheques
Purchase Ledger qualifications, skills and experience:
- Impeccable attention to detail and accuracy
- Knowledge of SAP accounting software would be preferred
- Strong time-management skills
- Ability to develop and maintain successful working relationships
- 3+ years' experience in Purchase Ledger or transactional Accounts Assistant roles would be preferred
- Knowledge of foreign currency would be beneficial
If you are looking to join a team where you will genuinely feel valued and be supported in your personal and professional growth, get in touch.
To apply for the Purchase Ledger position, please click on the apply now button and your CV will be sent directly to the responsible recruiter. We will respond to successful applicants within 7 days, however please feel free to get in touch if you would like any further information about your application.