Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
£37000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + car allowance, bonus, 26 days hols.
about 1 month ago
You have the opportunity to join a progressive and expanding services organisation as Property Surveyor.
Our client has grown rapidly through acquisition to over 220 sites nationally. This business operate in a secure sector where job security is high and the opportunity to progress is there.
In this home-based role you will cover sites throughout the UK but mainly focussed around the South and Midlands area with occasional travel North. As Property Surveyor you will be accountable for ensuring a fit for purpose property portfolio is maintained to high standards within budget, whilst ensuring property related health and safety and legislation requirements are met.
As Property Surveyor you will;
- Work alongside the Area Operations Managers, Regional Directors and Head of Support Operations to agree the priority of property refurbishment activity from inception to delivery.
- To prepare and evaluate the specification of works for 3rd party contractors to complete when quoting for projects.
- Work alongside the Operations team to ensure reactive repairs are completed to the property portfolio within an agreed geographical area.
- Management of third-party suppliers in delivery of services to agreed scope and cost.
- Oversight of statutory compliance activity for properties and assets including Fire, Gas Safety, Legionella, PAT, Asbestos , Loler.
- Understanding of lease and rent reviews, ensuring that any exposure relating to lease agreements is recognised and communicated to the Senior Property Surveyor/ Head of Operational support.
The Property Surveyor will;
- Be a key resource to bring property expertise and support into the business.
- Deliver "best value" solutions.
- Have the ability to influence across all levels within the business.
- Have the ability to manage third parties to deliver for the business.
- Understand the importance of minimum disruption to the business during all works and is able to articulate this need to all 3rd parties.
The Successful Property Surveyor will;
- Have exceptional client focus
- Building and maintaining the internal client relationship and service standards
- Respecting the deceased and their loved ones
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Resilience and working effectively in a pressurised environment
- Accurate attention to detail
- MRICS qualification desirable but not essential.
- Passionate about delivering excellent client service
- Effective communication skills
- Strong numeracy and literacy skills
- Strong reasoning and negotiating ability
- Excellent IT skills
- Hold a current full driving licence
On offer to the successful candidate is a basic salary of £37-40,000 plus a £5,000 car allowance, company bonus scheme and 26 days holiday (plus bank holidays).