North Tyneside, Tyne and Wear
£25000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Plus benefits
about 1 year ago
Are you a senior property surveyor looking for a new challenge, or perhaps a graduate looking to take their first step on the career ladder? We have an exciting opportunity for a surveyor role, open to any level of experience.
You would be joining an established Property team that carries out private and public sector work and have an excellent industry reputation. They are currently supporting a local authority on the delivery of its Ambition for North Tyneside regeneration strategy and other key strategic projects, as well as manage its operational and commercial estate. They are also working to establish themselves as a leading consultancy in the North East region, you too can be a part of this journey.
The Property Surveyor will report to the Principal Estates Surveyor, the post holder, based on their level of experience, will be responsible for delivering a range of property services, including regeneration projects, CPOs, valuations, lettings and marketing, landlord and tenant, acquisitions, disposals, and property management.
You will have excellent communication skills, enthusiasm and determination.
In return, they can offer excellent prospects to the successful Property Surveyor - more than half of their team have been promoted from their original roles and we can offer plenty of opportunities to progress your professional learning too.
This role will be based in their offices in North Tyneside. However, travelling may be required to other offices or Client offices.
- Delivery of statutory Asset Valuations for Accounting purposes.
- Leading multi-disciplinary project teams and providing strategic property advice on high level Regeneration projects.
- Provide a professional property service in relation to the management, acquisition and disposal of property and property related interests to the core client and additional external clients
- Maximising the performance of the Client's core operational and Non-operational portfolios
- Undertaking negotiations with public and private sector owners and developers.
- Providing Landlord and Tenant advice on a range of property types.
- Undertaking land and property valuations and disposals for a wide range of purposes.
- Ensuring the delivery of Key Performance Indicators
- Writing and presenting reports, and attending key client meetings including Cabinet and Strategic Property Group as required.
- Complying with strategies, policies, standing orders and financial regulations.
- Inputting and using the Council's new Asset Management Database
- Assisting in the production and delivery of bids for non-core work.
- Any other duties appropriate to this job outline.
As a Property Surveyor, you will have:-
- Professional qualifications - a degree in a property or related discipline, and/or a Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS).
- Able to present written and verbal reports to clients.
- Strong prioritisation and time management skills, & able to meet deadlines.
- Computer literate with an understanding of valuation, GIS and asset management databases where appropriate
- Good communication skills and the ability to work in a busy environment as a member of a team with a positive, enthusiastic attitude to work.
- The ability to exercise own initiative, and to demonstrate a self-motivated and confident approach to personal development
- Confidence in client-facing situations, able to influence and convince, and develop new business opportunities.
- Must possess a full driving licence
- 37.5 hours a week
- The successful candidate will be encouraged to develop their career within our clients' organisation which may include support towards their APC to become a fully qualified Chartered Surveyor, training courses or other property related qualifications as required.
- Access to many Group benefits including one relevant professional subscriptions paid for, Cycle to Work Scheme, discounted retail vouchers, various private insurance schemes available and one paid volunteering day a year.
If you feel this could be the opportunity for you please click "apply" to avoid missing this exciting opportunity.