Edgbaston, West Midlands
Up to £28000.00 per annum
about 2 months ago
Edgbaston, Birmingham (Hybrid working)
Reporting to Property Director
I am working exclusively for a privately owned property investment and development business, whose prime focus is its customers and their prestigious Estate in Edgbaston, Birmingham. Incorporating one of the UK's largest urban conservation areas the Estate has been family owned for 300 years and is situated a mile from Birmingham city centre.
You will be joining and supporting a close team of dedicated expertise within the property market.
Reporting directly into the Property Director you will be responsible for administrative support across the business. This is a hybrid role working 3 days in office, 2 remotely.
This is a new role for the company due to bringing business in house, with an expanding team this is an exciting opportunity to join a successful leading business and be a part of their success.
To be successful you will have experience of working in multi-sector property management. You will be proficient with Microsoft applications and database management
- Ensure a high standard of administrative support to the Property Director and property team.
- Assist with the cost-effective management of repairs and maintenance arrangements.
- Liaise with professional advisors, agents, contractors, and others as required.
- Be responsible for the timely collation and inputting of data and the on-going accuracy of the property data base
- Collate information and produce visually appealing reports to assist with the management of KPI's and other metrics.
- Liaise with contractors instructed to carry out repairs and maintenance, H&S matters and compliance
- Process and assist in determine customer applications for alterations, assignments and subletting with the Asset Manager, Property Manager and Head of Legal, including the charging and receiving of an application fee
- Where required, assist with the management of service charge budgets and services for directly-managed properties, including end of year reconciliation
- Assist with the process of setting and collecting rent and other charges from customers
- Assist with the management and security arrangements of vacant properties.
- Keep up-to-date the asbestos register and management plan for in-hand properties
- Assist with and respond to queries raised by Edgbaston Estates Security Systems who provide CCTV coverage for the estate
- Assist in the arrangement of inspections and ensure statutory compliance is maintained escalating any concerns to the Property Director.
- Assist in minimising void periods.
- Assist with the day-to-day management of Pay and Display car parks and leasing of individual spaces to customers
- Adoption, maintenance and use of the new Yardi property management system as the 'single source of truth'
- Assist in maintaining project plans for a pipeline of refurbishment/development activity to maintain and enhance the quality of properties
- Prepare monthly reports of management information, costs and other metrics.
- Collate information as directed for the annual budgeting process and half year forecasting
- Assist in ensuring improving customer satisfaction levels, measured through third party satisfaction surveys
- Involvement with Health and Safety compliance for the portfolio
- Any other duties commensurate with the post.
- Self-motivated and driven
- Confident communicator with high standards of written English.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Able to work effectively as part of a team and alone
- Able to take responsibility for one-off projects
- Supportive and motivated by team successes
- Confident and outward facing
- Possesses business acumen and willing to challenge assumptions constructively
- A problem solver able to think creatively
- Outcome and delivery focused
- The ability to implement operational plans