Birmingham, West Midlands
£22000.00 - £25000.00 per annum
4 months ago
Are you a forward-thinking and assertive Project Support Executive? Passionate about supporting senior executives, in a business that makes a real difference to drive economic growth within the region? We are pleased to be working with the West Midlands Growth Company, and assisting with their search for a gold class, dynamic individual, who is ready to start their exciting journey, supporting the Inward Investment Team and the Strategic Business Development Team.
The West Midlands Growth Company helps the region make its mark nationally and internationally. Through investor attraction, regional marketing, and tourism promotion, the WMGC showcases and supports the best of the West Midlands, driving the regional economy forward. The company works with a range of partners and stakeholders - including hundreds of major regional businesses, the public sector, universities, and regional and national government.
We are looking for a high performing individual who really stands out from the crowd, will go the extra mile and act as a proactive member of the team.
The Project Support Executive will play a crucial role in facilitating the success of the West Midlands Growth Company's sector-focused Inward Investment Team and Strategic Business Development Team; and assist in their execution of a major international programme of activity, which will leverage the upcoming Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games, to attract unprecedented job-creating investment to the region.
You will gain a wealth of knowledge around Inward and Foreign Direct Investments and learn the workings of a major Investment Promotion Agency; for a high-performing candidate, the opportunity to contribute to the legacy of the Commonwealth Games.
For the foreseeable future this role will be home-based, however you must be able to commute to the organisation's Birmingham City Centre office when it is safe to do so.
What will you get up to, as a Project Support Executive?
- You will provide, efficient and accurate operational support to the Inward Investment and Strategic Business Development Teams.
- Manage the delivery of the team's processes, including, property searches, pipeline tracking and reporting, and contribute to regular team meetings and present innovative ideas.
- You will take ownership for completing relevant project and programme documentation for all strategic programmes that the teams are involved in delivering.
- Become an expert of the West Midlands Growth Companies CRM systems and support the teams in accurately recording and reporting.
- Provide programme management support, ensuring agreed activities are delivered on budget and within agreed SLAs.
- Provide support to the Inward Investment team with planning and execution of projects, sales missions, and hosted investor visits.
- Act as the first point of contact and become the 'go to' for all inbound enquiries.
- Occasional travel may be required to meet the needs of the projects and programme.
Minimum requirements for the Project Support Executive:
- Educated to degree level or possess relevant experience in a project support or project management role.
- Super organised, efficient with good time management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Proficient with the full MS Office suite.
- Capable of communications at all levels of seniority.
- Commercially aware, resilient and customer focused.