Birmingham, West Midlands
£23000 - £25000 per annum
7 months ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group are working in partnership with West Midlands Growth Company, who are seeking a Project Services Administrator to join their Business and Tourism Programme Project Team.
This is a Fixed Term Contract opportunity until October 2023.
Birmingham 2022 is a golden opportunity not just for the West Midlands but for the UK. With a third of the world's population tuning in, this is a chance to show that post-EU Exit Britain is open for business, support economic recovery from COVID-19 and to provide a shop window for Britain's economic engine. A central programme team supports the programme delivery partners (West Midlands Growth Company (WMGC), Department for International Trade (DIT) and VisitBritain (VB)). Based in central Birmingham at the WMGC offices on Centenary Square, the team will delivery cross-cutting activity and ensure integration within the programme, with the Birmingham 2022 Organising Committee (OC) and with relevant regional / national initiatives.
- Support the Senior PMO Analyst and Programme Coordinator on the co-ordination of the programme assurance and governance requirements, ensuring that there is a smooth-running assurance process for the PMO
- Work closely with the Project Managers and Head of Projects and Programmes to ensure that all key actions, risks and issues are being managed or escalated
- Forge relationships with partners and funders of the programme to help support both WMGC and them to deliver
- Manage the programme meetings, write agendas and minutes, providing secretariat services as required, collating required information and follow up actions
- Manage the programme inbox and calendar
- Maintain and version control documentation
- Manage folder structures
- Support work across programme partners to ensure consistent reporting and requirements from the PMO
- Support the wider programme team in the coordination of deliverables, raising risks and issues as appropriate
- Support and suggest ideas for improvement and efficiencies
Key Skills Required:
- Previous experience within a project management environment or events-based environment
- Excellent communication and ability to work with a number of people across the organisation
- Proactive approach to support delivery
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple assignments via a number of sources/people
- Self-motivated and deadline-driven
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work unsupervised in programme delivery environment
- Ability to understand key concepts around the project environment including governance and assurance processes.
- Ability to maintain programme documentation including collating reports and information requirements
- Experience of writing agendas, minutes, diary management and secretariat duties within a PMO environment