Project Quantity Surveyor - Hospitality - Salary up to £70,000
Are you an experienced Quantity Surveyor looking for a unique new opportunity? Are you skilled in negotiating, setting up and managing sub-contracts for construction projects within the hospitality industry?
We have a rare opportunity for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join the property team of one of London's fastest growing award-winning restaurant groups. With exciting new projects starting across the South region our client now seeks a qualified Quantity Surveyor to take full responsibility of cost planning, feasibility work and project management for new restaurants and refurbishments of existing sites.
This role will be of interest to those who have the desire to work in a growing client-side organisation with exciting expansion plans in the UK.
- To work closely with the Head of Property/Projects
- Cost planning and feasibility work
- Involvement with project managing new restaurants and refurbishing existing sites
- Producing and issuing BOQ's to main and sub-contractors on projects
- Analysing Tenders and appointing Contractors
- Cost monitoring and reporting of contracts
- Handling Contractors re-measurement, interim and final account payments
- Production and administration of contracts and issuing to Contractors
- Attending pre and post tender meetings, reviewing tender enquiries, including bills of quantities, estimating and tendering on commercial and industrial projects and preparing tender and contract documents
- Assessment and negotiation of variations and claims
- To take and develop the brief, obtain tenders, manage the works on site to budget and a high standard to ensure the solutions are achieved
- Assess cost effectiveness of products, projects or services, tracking actual costs relative to bids as the project develops
- Liaising with site managers on financial matters relating to contracts, performing risk, value management and cost control
- Certifying progress claims and payments to contractors against work completed
- Attend meetings to provide QS input, review project progress and present project data as appropriate
- Analyse potential/actual outcomes and producing detailed progress reports
- Maintaining procurement files & purchase agreement to an auditable standard
- A relevant professional qualification in building surveying
- Proven track record on construction projects
- Ideally experience within hospitality
- Excellent verbal, numeracy and presentation skills
This is not a remote role, you will be expected to work from the head office or various sites in London City centre.
Benefits & Salary:
- Excellent & competitive salary
- Bonus scheme
- Pension & health care
- Opportunity to grow with a rapidly expanding, award winning restaurant group
- Generous staff discount
As the successful Quantity Surveyor you will be highly motivated, able to work autonomously with minimal support and have a strong drive to make things happen. You will be able to operate effectively in senior meetings, client facing and on site. You will have knowledge of the legal building regulations and requirements and be working for a contractor, consultant or development team currently.
On offer to the successful Quantity Surveyor is a competitive basic salary dependant on experience plus bonus and numerous other attractive benefits.
If you would like to be considered for the role, please click apply now!