Birmingham, West Midlands
£40000.00 - £65000.00 per annum
8 months ago
We have a number of exciting opportunities for Project Managers to join our client that is expanding their Real Estate team in Birmingham. Project Managers handle commissions of varying scale and value; depending upon the complexity of the project etc., the normal would be up to £40m in value. However, where the service provided is advisory in nature, for example advising on urban re-generation funding, the overall project size may be much larger.
You will lead Project Management Commissions, taking responsibility for end to end service delivery. You can also expect to act as the key, day to day client interface, ensuring that client objectives are met and that projects are delivered to time and cost targets and the appropriate quality standards.
Project management, to include:
- Advising at a strategic level at the project conception stage, including providing advice on the different approaches that can be adopted in order to successfully achieve the client's overall objectives
- Leading the establishment of the overall success criteria for the project, including time, cost, technical and performance parameters
- Planning for and the ongoing management of quality, safety, health and environment issues
- Establishing effective project governance, processes and systems to be utilised throughout project
- Project planning, including ensuring the production of the detailed project plan
- Advising upon the procurement of resources
- Leading and facilitating the overall cross-functional project team
- Monitoring and applying performance management techniques, including the use of KPI's to improve project performance
- Managing the change control process
- Monitoring and advising upon project finances
- Managing the flow of project information between the team and the client, through regular meetings and written communications
- Ensuring the production of formal project progress and other reports
- Taking a leading role in interfacing with the client and other consultants, at all project stages
Marketing and business development, to include:
- Taking responsibility for developing new business opportunities with existing and new Turner & Townsend clients
- Identifying and acting upon cross-selling opportunities
- Working with Associate Directors and Directors to construct bids for new work
- Attending formal client pitches with Assistant Directors and Directors
- Ensuring that project case study, photograph and project CV files are kept up to date
- Identifying and acting upon opportunities to improve project management products and services
To be successful, you will need a degree qualified in a relevant discipline and a proven experience managing Real Estate projects, ideally in a consultancy environment. In return, you will receive a generous package, gain experience on major global projects and provided with a great place to work where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change. Our client wants their teams to succeed both in work and life. To support this, they promote a healthy productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
If this sounds like a good fit for you, apply now or get in touch with Elliot Drury on to find out more.