£54285.00 - £79040 per annum
11 months ago
Are you managing automated projects within a customer fulfilment or distribution warehouse? Are you looking for new and exciting projects to work on?
Our client, one of the UKs leading supermarkets is looking for a Project Manager to manage various projects within their automated distribution centres. You will have worked with different types of equipment and machinery for automated materials handling equipment in a distribution or sortation environment. You will lead the day-to-day operations of a project team to successfully deliver projects, as well as strategically think about operational improvements, working alongside business leaders to increase productivity and efficiency on site.
- Leads, manages, develops, and trains their Project team.
- Develops and maintains constructive working relationships with external partners. Manages partners within contract guidelines, ensuring performance is monitored and recorded to aid in continuous improvement.
- Ensuring the Project meets or exceeds the required levels of availability, performance and are delivering against agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
- Management of Capex budget through to delivery.
- Identification and leading of investigations, mitigation implementation and recovery processes for any failures or loss of performance throughout the project.
- Identification, development, and coordination of Continuous Improvement projects, making detailed plans to accomplish goals and directing the integration of technical activities (e.g. modifications) in conjunction with the Operations Team.
- Managing resources to assess and support the feasibility of projects in conjunction with the Operations Team.
- Development, critique and presentation of proposals and reports, with supporting business cases.
- Reporting and communicating of status, performance, and availability of the system.
- Leading and maintaining communications between the construction team, the operational team, the Automation suppliers and other third parties.
- Performing administrative functions such as reviewing and writing reports, approving expenditures, managing policies, and making decisions about the purchase of materials or services.
- A 2:1 degree in a related discipline, industry qualifications or significant project and/ or programme management experience in industry. Project management qualifications are also desirable
- Experience managing CAPEX projects within automated warehouse environments
- Good working knowledge of engineering standards and good practice, including mechanical, electrical, controls and systems
- Experience working with and/ or operating Warehouse Management and Warehouse Control Systems
- Ability to read and interpret CAD drawings, 3D models and a knowledge of simulation
- Strong leadership, team management, management of 3PL partners, cost and budget management skills
- A comprehensive understanding of supply chain operations would be a distinct advantage
If you are interested in finding out more details about this exciting opportunity to work with one of the UKs leading supermarkets, please apply now with your most recent and up-to-date CV, or email to arrange a confidential discussion.
*Please note you must hold the right to work in the UK to apply for this position.