£50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + car, pension, healthcare, bonus
about 1 month ago
Are you a Site Manager or Project Manager looking for the opportunity to move from working for a main contractor to client-side? Do you have construction and civils experience and want to work in a diverse role on exciting construction and infrastructure projects?
Our client is a market leading hospitality organisation with projects that span the retail, leisure and hospitality sectors. They have a culture where people come first and a passion for everything they do. You can now join the inhouse property development team of this market-leading great business in a remote based role.
As Project Manager you have the opportunity to work as part of a large Property Team, specifically on infrastructure projects, major and minor capex projects on existing operational sites across the their estate, as well as new site projects. You will be based remotely (ideally in the central UK area) and travel to sites/ work from home as part of the national property team.
- Understand and manage the risk involved when working in a live working environment
- Ensure understanding of the planning process and programme
- Ensure that any major works do not compromise compliance and related legislation
- Putting together realistic and clear project plans
- Assist in defining project objectives involving appropriate stakeholders and ensure technical feasibility
- Carry out risk evaluations to minimise projects risks and company exposure
- Co-ordinate associated internal and external parties to ensure the successful implementation of projects
- Liaise with contractors to obtain quotes
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on time, within scope and budget
- Develop a detailed plan to track and monitor progress
- Manage any necessary changes to the project scope, and their impact on the project schedule and costs
- Successfully co-ordinate and manage the relationships with all parties associated with the project
- Create and maintain the appropriate detailed project documentation
- Assisting with land development projects, property acquisitions and disposals
- Preparing planning applications
- Attend weekly meetings as required with the Central Fuel Team and Property Team
- Preferably degree qualified
- Commercial project management experience ideally of both construction and infrastructure works
- Excellent client facing and internal communication skills
- Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organisation.
- Strong organisational skills including attention to detail and managing several projects at once
- Must be able to set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details/data/information/activities.
- Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problem, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Be able to assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
- Work with the Property Director to help determine strategies to move the organisation forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Demonstrate ability to assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- Help develop new and unique ways to improve operations of the organisation and to create new opportunities.
- Excellent written and verbal skills
On offer to the successful Project Manager is the opportunity to join an experienced and stable client-side development team working on a wide variety of projects in a progressive organisation. You will have the opportunity to progress within their business and tackle challenges that you will not have faced before. You will work with exciting brands in retail and hospitality gaining valuable experience. On offer is a salary of circa £50,000 plus car allowance, 4% pension, private healthcare and a bonus of up to 20% per annum.