Birmingham, West Midlands
about 2 months ago
12 Months FTC
Project Manager - Birmingham - Competitive Salary
Are you an aspiring Project Engineer or experienced Project Manager with a background in aftermarket services? If so, then we have an exciting opportunity to join a global leader within the pumping, agitation, mixing, separation and purification technologies based in the Birmingham area on a 12 month FTC.
The Project Manager will be responsible for the management of all aspects of assigned projects and will monitor and communicate all assigned project deliverables including but not limited to hardware, financial and commercial outputs, dispute management, customer satisfaction and on time delivery.
Responsibilities of the Project Manager:
- Monitoring and reporting project profitability.
- Driving maximisation of project profitability through effective variation management.
- Ensuring that assigned projects are launched in a timely and professional manner.
- Ensuring that timely client and internal kick off meetings are arranged and that all relevant project handover documentation is completed and distributed to relevant personnel.
- Developing and maintaining relationships and interfaces with other key functions within the business in order to drive all aspects of Engineering, Procurement and Production.
- Responsible for reporting, driving and controlling of project specific milestones and achievement to project budgets, with appropriate feedback to colleagues.
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with customers and suppliers in order to reduce commercial risk and to maximise future business opportunities.
- Production of reliable invoicing, Gross Profit and Cash forecasts for assigned projects.
- Management of all aspects of project finances ensuring that all funds are expedited appropriately in accordance with forecasts for invoices and payments
- Preferably qualified within a relevant engineering discipline
- Must have a strong customer liaison skills
- Able to report progress and communicate to both internal and external stakeholders
- Experienced in negotiating and able to influence at all levels
- Excellent organisational skills
- Previous knowledge or experience within an after-service market or repair/overhaul sector
If you would like to know about the Project Manager opportunity, please contact Neil Cayley at Gleeson Recruitment at