£50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + Competitive Package
about 2 months ago
Project Manager - Midlands - Defence Sector - up to £60,000pa
Are you a Project Manager with a background working within the Defence sector? If so, a Midlands based organisation who market leader in the design, manufacture and supply of rugged portable and industrial embedded computing, custom lithium battery packs and secure communication systems and antennas are looking for you!
As the Project Manager, you will manage a variety of projects across the business as an end-to-end process whilst managing customer expectations through building excellent relationships and management of third-party suppliers to ensure service levels meet the demand of the projects.
The Project Manager will have the following responsibilities:
- Deliver all projects in line with the Project Management department best practice methodology (managing risk, governance, quality assurance, issue resolution, reporting)
- Setting up and management of the wider project team involving additional project management resource, internal technical resource, 3rd party suppliers, account team members and client stakeholders
- Produce detailed project plans and manage interdependencies with other work packages
- To take full responsibility for the management of the wider project team
- Serve as primary contact for engineering team members requiring support from the business.
- Ensure strict commercial change control to manage deviations
- Management of Third-party suppliers in terms of selection, deliverables, timelines and budgets.
- Ensure commercial project milestones are agreed and published and that invoices are raised with reference to these dates and/or on completion of deliverables
- Manage the expenditure within the project, ensuring all costs are recorded against products and services delivered
- Create and effectively manage the stakeholder plan at project level, incorporating all project work-streams
- Review the outcomes of the project to determine any corrective actions that could be taken to improve future programme/project delivery in terms of cost, quality and customer satisfaction
Skills and Experience required for the Project Manager:
- Security clearance (SC level current or ab;le to obtain)
- Qualified and experienced working with PRINCE2 at Practitioner level
- Proficient in the use of MS Project
- Excellent communication and diplomacy skills with a strong ability to persuade and influence client and stakeholder relationships.
- Experience of project delivery within a technical environment
- Experience in managing deliverables via 3rd party vendors
- Demonstrable experience in the delivery of projects within a complex technical environment or a high-risk resource requirement over an extended period of time
- Management of project budgets
- Demonstrable record of resolving issues that threatened to delay or seriously disrupt the project goals (resource, budget or stakeholder in nature).
- Extensive experience of leading projects
If you would like to know more, please apply or contact Neil Cayley on 07527257851 or email