Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
£60000.00 - £70000.00 per annum + car, pension, bonus
3 months ago
Our client is seeking to recruit a Technical EV Project Manager who will help manage and facilitate the technical implementation of EV (Electric Vehicle) chargers along with building an ecosystem that connects payments and billing to customers. The role involves managing the third party vendors and the individual will require knowledge of software implementation as well as integration into third-party ERP and BI systems. The individual will need to grasp the multiple technology layers involved and be the driver behind ensuring the end-to-end delivery for the EV platform is successful.
The transition to Electric Vehicles (EV) is a key strategic priority for our client, and they are embarking on significant investment in the area, given its importance for the future of their business.
The candidate will need a balance of technical knowledge as well as management to drive change so that they can adopt a hands-on approach and fit into the business culture seamlessly. The role will report to the EV team but will have a dotted line to the Chief Technology Officer.
As our client expands, the Project Manager responsibilities will evolve and change over time. The initial responsibilities will centre around the following areas:
- Managing multiple third parties
- Managing our mobile application and website
- Understand and document the business/system landscape across multiple regions
- Hands-on with testing and root cause analysis
- Ensuring all interfaces are considered and tested
- Understand the end to end data flow
- Card Payment Processing/Lifecycle
- Solving complex software integration issues
- Working in a controlled environment
- Data integration exposure
- BSc in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline
- Minimum of 4-5 years professional software development experience
- Prior experience with SAP and EV specific technology/software beneficial
The ideal Project Manager does not need to have previous EV (Electric Vehicle) experience but will have a proven track record managing payments integrations and large rollout projects. Ideally you will have an understanding of OCPP standards but those who are willing to learn this will also be considered if you have managed payments integration projects previously. You will be an expert at putting together and managing project plan whilst also being eager to learn more about this exciting and progressive sector.
The role is based from the Bedfordshire area but our client operate a hybrid working model (2 days in the office) so technically you can be based from anywhere in the UK. On offer to the Project Manager is a salary of £60-70,000 plus car and benefits dependant on experience.