Project Accountant (QBE or Part Qualified)
£45000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + 25 days holiday + study + bens
2 months ago
Buckinghamshire / Berkshire border
£45,000 - £60,000 (subject to experience)
Part Qualified / ACCA/CIMA Studier or Qualified by Experience
Study support if needed, Pension, Bonus, Health care + 25 days hols
Hybrid working once fully trained but initially 5 days a week in the office
This is a newly created role, working with a growing, established business in the outskirts of Maidenhead, who require an additional Project Accountant to join their award winning business. Reporting to the FC, and working with a small Project Accounting team and the wider finance team, you will be responsible for a variety of UK and International projects, where you will be able to bring to the team some previous project accounting knowledge. You may well be qualified by experience or an active studier of ACCA/CIMA, or a stop studier.
Core Responsibilities as the Project Accountant
- Monthly Preparation of Revenue, Cost of Sales and Project WIP for review by Senior Project Accountant.
- Create, update and reconcile projects against budget in Maconomy; providing all relevant documentation
- Liaise with Project Managers and other relevant stakeholders regarding project cash flow and profitability margins. Ensuring that every project maintains a cash positive position at all times and taking proactive steps to ensure this.
- Pro-actively raise and manage client invoicing and credit control, maintaining net 30 days debtors
- Assist with Monthly Financial Review with project team
- Assist Senior Project Accountant and Financial Controller in timely closure of month-end, and production of management accounts. Including reconciliation of Project Specific balance sheet control accounts.
- Assist Senior Project accountant with project analytics and reporting tools
- Maintain audit trail and assist Senior Project Accountant with all Audit requirements
- Manage workload effectively with other Project Accountants to ensure high quality and timeliness of deliverables
- Preparation of ad hoc reports for the Financial Controller and Finance Director as required
- Managing telephone and email queries from suppliers and internal colleagues
- Ideally Part Qualified or QBE or equivalent and with circa 2-3 years relevant experience - not necessarily within Project Accounting, but this maybe within Management Accounting or Cost Accounting, or Work in Progress Accounting
- Must have transparent approach to delivering output which stands the test of scrutiny
- Confident with financial principles and ability to check for completeness and accuracy of information presented
- An eye for detail with good knowledge of Microsoft office applications and various accounting packages
- Ability to review processes and systems with a view for continuous improvement
- Analytical and inquisitive mind with ability to simplify financial data for non-financial colleagues
- Ability to work to agreed deadlines and quality
- Highly organised and able to manage conflicting priorities
- Good inter-personal skills and is able to build effective relationships across the organisation
- Flexible individual and team player with willingness to adapt to changing environment
Please do get in touch for more details of this superb Project Accountant role. Free parking and within easy reach of all public transport routes.