about 1 month ago
PROJECT ACCOUNTANT / Buckinghamshire / Berkshire border + remote
- Monthly Preparation of Revenue, Cost of Sales and Project WIP for review by Senior Project Accountant.
- Create, update and reconcile projects against budget in Maconomy; providing all relevant documentation
- Liaise with Project Managers and other relevant stakeholders regarding project cash flow and profitability margins. Ensuring that every project maintains a cash positive position at all times and taking proactive steps to ensure this.
- Pro-actively raise and manage client invoicing and credit control, maintaining net 30 days debtors
- Assist with Monthly Financial Review with project team
- Assist Senior Project Accountant and Financial Controller in timely closure of month-end, and production of management accounts. Including reconciliation of Project Specific balance sheet control accounts.
- Assist Senior Project accountant with project analytics and reporting tools
- Maintain audit trail and assist Senior Project Accountant with all Audit requirements
- Manage workload effectively with other Project Accountants to ensure high quality and timeliness of deliverables
- Preparation of ad hoc reports for the Financial Controller and Finance Director as required
- Managing telephone and email queries from suppliers and internal colleagues
- Ideally Qualified or QBE or equivalent and with circa 2-3 years relevant experience
- Must have transparent approach to delivering output which stands the test of scrutiny
- Confident with financial principles and ability to check for completeness and accuracy of information presented
- An eye for detail with good knowledge of Microsoft office applications and Maconomy or similar (preferred)
- Ability to review processes and systems with a view for continuous improvement
- Analytical and inquisitive mind with ability to simplify financial data for non-financial colleagues
- Ability to work to agreed deadlines and quality
- Highly organised and able to manage conflicting priorities
- Good inter-personal skills and is able to build effective relationships across the organisation
- Flexible individual and team player with willingness to adapt to changing environment