Gleeson are working with a Service provider in Birmingham who are looking for a Project Accountant to join the team and support the business by managing and creating a Finance project framework with all areas of the business to deliver clear and accurate case submissions.
This is an excellent opportunity to be at the forefront of new innovations and products which will see the business continuing growing and improving profitability. The role requires a tough character who isn't afraid of challenging PMO's and programme managers - who will be resistant to change and
Working in the Management control team responsible for line report Project support accountant. Managing and creating a Finance project lifecycle management framework working with all areas of the business to deliver clear and accurate business case submissions. Key stakeholder areas will be PMO, Programme & Project Manager. Support the creation of Capex resource and project plans including budget, forecast and depreciation.
The right person for the role does not need to be a Qualified Accountant (it would be a benenfit) but a strong understanding of project accounting, with the ability to build relationships is essential.
- Responsible for line management and development of one part qualified Project Support Accountant
- Responsible for creating a Finance Project Lifecycle Management Framework
- Working alongside all areas within the business to deliver accurate Business Case submissions in line with Group Policies
- Working closely with PMO, Programme and Project Managers to support monthly project reporting
- Support the delivery of quarterly central reporting requirements
- Assist in creation of Capex resource and project plans for budgets and forecasts, including calculation of depreciation
- Implement a post launch tracking of benefits and reporting
- Bringing project points of escalation to the attention of Head of Management Control
- Maintain policies and procedures as appropriate, identify weaknesses in processes and introduce improvements