Birmingham, West Midlands
£50000.00 - £65000.00 per annum
2 months ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group have just been briefed on a fantastic opportunity for a Programme Manager to work with a leading wholesale business based in the heart of Birmingham.
This role would be a great opportunity for someone who has a wide knowledge of SAP and has previously been involved with several SAP integration's and change activities. You will be working in a small team consisting of 2 Project Managers and a Project Co-Ordinator to cover a wide range of programs within the business.
Although the business is based in Birmingham, there will be an opportunity to carry out a hybrid working model to accommodate home working.
Purpose of the role:
- To lead the Project Office function for the business providing a skilled and effective central project management resource working on value-adding systems and process improvement initiatives, as prioritised by the Board.
- To support the drive for enhanced business efficiency and the development of a market-leading business proposition through the implementation of targeted projects delivering a planned return on investment to agreed milestones.
- To continuously improve the project management capability and ways of working in order to accelerate the project implementation pace and success, whilst ensuring that the business methods work within the strategic security and approvals framework, set out by oversees owners.
- To work with the Board and suppliers, consultants and internal business stakeholders to facilitate the development of a prioritised project roadmap.
- To manage cross-functional project delivery across a range of initiatives at any one time, ensuring excellent project communication and stakeholder involvement throughout.
- To ensure that all business change initiatives have clear terms of reference, fully involved project sponsor and stakeholders, and implementations are supported by documentation and training so that skills are embedded within business departments.
- To ensure that every project includes a review stage where key successes and opportunities are captured to inform future project success.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience spent in a programme management role within a commercial business environment
- Knowledge and experience of wholesale and/or omni-channel retail business processes
- Proven SAP project management experience
Who are we looking for?
- Proven in utilising a collaborative style and engaging with people at all levels to establish and implement change programmes.
- A problem-solver, resilient, with the tenacity and relationship skills to overcome barriers to delivery.
- Strongly self-motivated bringing gravitas, credibility, energy, resilience and commitment to the business
- An analytical mind-set and are able to translate complex ideas into simple solutions
- Strong operation, financial and governance planning skills.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm, the ability to communicate and drive change.
- High degree of commerciality.
- A team player who supports, encourages and shares knowledge with colleagues.
- Highly organised planning and time management skills, with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent IT systems skills - including MS Office with Advanced Excel skills, Management Information Systems, SAP and other business systems