Birmingham, West Midlands
£60000.00 - £65000.00 per annum
3 months ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group are pleased to be supporting the West Midlands Growth Company with their requirement for an Investment Operations & Programme Lead, this role presents an exciting opportunity for an experienced, operational and programme management professional to work both at the epicentre of BATP delivery during the Commonwealth Games and at a time the West Midlands 'recasts' its relationship with HMG as levelling-up is realised.
The Investment Operations & Programme Lead will be a lynch-pin role within the Business Attraction (BA) Team. Leading a small project team and working closely with both the Chief Investment Officer and Head of Inward Investment, the Investment Operations & Programme Lead will provide day to day leadership for investment operations and related programme management
- Business & Tourism Programme BATP Inward Investment Operations Lead: Working closely with the Head of Inward Investment, BATP PMO and the wider organisation act as an operational 'focal point' of the BATP Investment Workstream to deliver a focussed, internationally significant investment business development and marketing campaign. Recognised as the senior point of interface between the BATP PMO and wider Inward Investment team.
- BATP Inward investment Programmes Oversight, Planning and Performance: Working closely with the PMO, Inward Investment and WMGC leadership teams to ensure consistent and effective achievement of contract objectives while providing support to the wider team to ensure targets are achieved and budgets managed. Oversight for procurement, governance, and budget planning for the Inward Investment workstream of the BATP programme.
- Internal and External Stakeholder Engagement: Develop close and productive partnerships with key BATP Inward Investment delivery partners and wider regional stakeholders. Deliver clear and consistent communication regarding latest developments on the Inward Investment programme, to both internal and external stakeholders, to galvanise efforts and deliver programme outcomes.
- Performance Management: To provide operational leadership and focus regarding the accurate delivery of the regional investment pipeline and related investment metrics.
- Account Management: To support the expansion and improvement journey for the WMGC strategic account management programme.
- The ability to authoritatively lead the operational delivery of complex, multi-stakeholder strategic programmes and initiatives.
- A delivery focus - proven ability to delivery activity on time and budget in a dynamic and complex environment.
- Developed negotiating skills and proven ability to persuade and influence senior public and private sector decision-makers.
- Results-led, dynamic individual not afraid to 'roll-up' their sleeves to ensure project delivery.
- Commercially aware, credible, and able to build relationships with senior staff across the private and public sector.
- Extensive knowledge of formal programme/project management practices, which can be called up to enable successful programme delivery.
- Experience of navigating public sector procurement processes and associated programme budget management.
- Experience of working in a multi-layered, multi-stakeholder governance environment.
Please note this role is a 12 month fixed term contract and is a hybrid working opportunity so will require the candidate to be able to work a few days a week in their Head Office which is situated in Birmingham City Centre.
We are committed to encouraging and celebrating applicants from different backgrounds, whatever their gender, ethnicity, race, religion, education, socioeconomic background, disability or sexual orientation to promote diversity and inclusion in the workplace.