Leeds, West Yorkshire
£40000 - £44000 per annum
about 2 months ago
Purpose of the job:
To ensure that all operations are completed on time and to standard. To ensure all systems are followed and targets are achieved in accordance with safe working practices.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
1. Deputise for the Production Manager where appropriate.
2. Instruct, direct, develop, motivate, supervise and monitor the performance of all members of the allocated team.
3. Plan and prepare all work schedules according to workloads and dissemination of information via Assistant Supervisors
4. Monitor completion of NCRs noting any trends and reporting issues to Engineering, Projects and QESH departments as required.
5. Ensure that documentation is completed to standard and in accordance with internal processes.
6. Deal directly with employment agencies in the recruitment of suitable temporary labour to cover peak workloads.
7. Communicate workload activities to other supervisors as required.
8. Develop and maintain policies and standard operating procedures in accordance with production requirements with particular regard to health and safety and environment.
9. Attends monthly health and safety meetings and report any issues and trends.
10. Ensure valid risk assessments have been completed for all aspects of the department and that any identified risks are minimised.
11. Monitor and mentor apprentices, liaising with HR and LTT where required.
12. Ensure compliance to systems and procedures developed for the health and safety of the workforce and environmental protection.
13. Ensure the availability and currency of risk assessments and operating procedures within the workplace, relevant to departmental operations.
14. Ensure persons have been provided with suitable levels of training and awareness
15. Ensure suitable PPE is provided and being worn as required.
16. Ensure the correct use of waste segregation facilities and the efficient use of natural resources and raw materials
17. Participate and actively support company initiatives including Lean, 5S etc.
18. Environmental, Health & Safety statement to be added in by HR department
19. All other duties as relevant to the post