We are looking for a planning professional wanting to develop their career and make the most of the Malvern area as a place to work. The business made a significant investment through COVID in a leading ERP system which we are now looking to take to the next level to improve efficiency and streamline operations.
WHAT WILL YOU NEED
You will have an excellent understanding of ERP systems within a manufacturing environment. This will ideally be founded in Microsoft business central (Navision) but a knowledge of any mainstream MRP/ERP will be acceptable.
In addition you will also have first class Excel knowledge and communication skills. You will have had experience with working within a production planning department, or production unit, and display an understanding of the process around works orders, bills of materials and planning settings. Critically, you will be able to demonstrate that you have been responsible for ensuring that any plan issued is adhered to.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Manage the creation and completion of works orders.
· Creation of new part codes and the management of this process throughout.
· Work closely with the production director ensuring that key metrics are measured.
· Ensure that the manufacturing plan is adhered to and that the supervisors are accountable for their output and measurements are in place.
· Develop a working relationship with the production manager to allocate work efficiently.
· Manage minimum and maximum stock levels for both forecast and non-forecast goods.
· Ensure data integrity across a range of sources within the business.
· Co-ordinate & expedite the placement of purchase orders and/or delivery of materials.
· Keep the sales team informed of changes that may effect the customer delivery dates.
Core Skill required
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the following core areas of competency or experience,
· A minimum of 5 years production planning experience in manufacturing.
· Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Navision or other leading ERP software.
· Advanced spreadsheet skills coupled with good familiarity of MS office.
· Effective people management and delegation of work.
· A person with a good sense of humor and first class team ethics.
Working hours are from 8.00 am - 5.30 pm Monday to Friday.
The salary is flexible based on experience and ability.
The company offers 29 days holiday per year which increases to 31 after 5 years.
Company sick pay scheme and company pension scheme.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent,
Salary: £37,500.00-£45,000.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
- Production Scheduling
- Production Management