Product/Project Owner / Manager (Architecture) (Hybrid 3-4 days WFH) £55,000 - £65,000
Gleeson are working alongside an incredibly established client who have a fantastic opportunity for a Product Owner / Manager to join their Principal Architecture team in a very unique role on a full time basis
About the role:
The Architecture Product Owner is a strategic, fluid role responsible for representing the interests of the Society's internal and external customers. You will be responsible for working with consumers across the business to drive and consume requirements for the Strategy & Architecture team. Supporting the implementation of the technology strategy and playing a key role in maturing the architecture function to deliver against its strategic objectives and designing end to end solutions that meet business outcomes. The Product Owners are accountable for ensuring that the business have the right focus on this and will be key in influencing a range of internal and external stakeholders.
There will be a requirement to understand the strategic plans (Technology / Business / Data) and ensure that these strategic plans form a critical component of the day to day activities.
The key purpose of this post is to drive the delivery of plans that are and will be in place as well as helping manage the demand of the business portfolio.
What the successful candidate looks like:
- Flexibility is key, the ability to work in multiple divisions and functions of the business as you will be wearing multiple hats throughout this role (Proven experience of this will be requested at interview stage)
Patient, focused, driven, persuasive and methodical. These are the fundamentals for great people skills in this role as there are many delicate personalities across the business, and this role can be demanding at times, having worked in a similar environment is beneficial.
- Responsibility for creating, managing & maintaining the DevOps backlog for each workstream within the Architecture practice, working with the workstream owners to drive the activity to complete product backlog items to acceptable time cost and quality, so having DevOps experience is essential
- Maintaining a view of current and forecast demand vs capacity, so the business are looking forward to hearing how you have previously achieved this
- Representing the function at resource planning meetings ensuring a forward view on availability and constraints are understood
- You will also support the Head of Technology Strategy and Architecture with:
- Working with teams across the business to understand business and customer needs and support the planning & and prioritisation of the product backlog.
- Demonstrating the business value of the architecture capability (including income generation / cost reduction / customer experience improvements etc) and ensure architecture activity delivers the right business outcomes.
- Running the Architecture design authority
- Acquiring 3rd party resources, as needed, in good time to ensure we continue to support the change portfolio efficiently