£35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
3 months ago
Our client, a leading aerospace manufacturing business is recruiting for a design engineer who will support business operational needs in improving existing and introducing new products. You will interact with senior stakeholders both internal and external and will become accountable for successful forging product design and associating activities.
- Responsible for driving the Design Team objectives of transferring customer information into unique methods and process designs that ensure commitments are met to customers both internally and externally.
- Utilise 3D Modelling (NX software experience desirable) to achieve efficient design and drawing generation to support customer and production requirements.
- Interpret customer forging or machined part drawings or models to generate efficient forging designs from billet, through pre-form shapes to finished forgings and machined components.
- Utilise customer specifications, national guidelines and quality standards for generating compliant designs, working cross functionally with all stakeholders to succeed.
- Work with the customer to realise best configuration of component considering all requirements, this is to be inclusive of managing internal stakeholders during this process.
- Utilising simulation software Q-Form to optimise design and process, this will be inclusive of liaison with other stakeholders such as Operations and Conformance Engineers.
- Work on continually improving processes and products whether internally or externally to the department.
A bit about you:
- Experience using NX CAD/CAM software, or equivalent other software packages.
- Understanding of elastic/plastic deformation of materials desirable
- nowledge of forging and/or manufacturing processes desirable.
- Minimum HND certificate. Can be working towards or equivalent experience considered.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity to be part of a highly skilled and professional team working for highly established engineering company then please apply now with your most recent and up-to-date CV. Alternatively, you can contact Connor Jones on to arrange a confidential discussion.
*Please note you must hold the right to work in the UK to apply for this position.