Birmingham, West Midlands
£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + benefits
11 days ago
I am working exclusively with West Midlands Growth Company to recruit for an exciting new Procurement Support Manager role. Funding has been secured to deliver a major programme to attract visitors, investors and events to the West Midlands and the UK, and grow export opportunities. The programme is currently being developed - so this is a really exciting time to join and help shape what will be delivered.
As Procurement Support Manager, you will support the Procurement Manager in carrying out a comprehensive review of the procurement pipeline to ensure it is detailed and accurate enabling procurement decisions to be taken in a timely manner. You will assist in embedding the procurement framework, providing guidance and knowledge sharing across the organisation and also assist in the development and implementation of procurement policies to support tendering, contract management and supplier performance management.
You will also build and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders and develop effective management reporting of procurement activities as well as creating and delivering a comprehensive training programme for procurement and processes.
In order to carry out this role you will have the following skills and experience:
- Ideally CIPS qualified, or have significant procurement / category management experience
- Excellent communication / stakeholder management skills, focusing on collaboration and best for business
- Strong Influencing and negotiating skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects, self-motivated and deadline-driven
- Excellent Excel skills - including pivot tables and Vlook Ups
- Experience of working in a multi-stakeholder / delivery partner environment
- Significant understanding of Public Procurement and OJEU processes - multimillion-pound contracts and use of frameworks including G Cloud
- Experience of developing and implementing governance processes
- Experience of working in both public and private sector environments
In return, you will receive a salary of £40,000 to £45,000 plus benefits. This is a 12 month fixed term contract role. This is also a remote working opportunity until a date is agreed for the workforce to return to their central Birmingham offices.
If you meet the above criteria, please do not hesitate to apply.