Are you a Purchasing Manager with extensive experience of raw materials buying? Are you looking to work for an organisation that puts its people first and has an amazing culture?
You will be joining a Leicestershire based manufacturing organisation that has recently gone through a huge amount of transformation with more work to do. You will need to be a champion of change and someone that is willing to drive a shift in behaviours.
This organisation invests a lot of importance upon its values and as their new Purchasing Manager you will need to reflect these too. The role will suit someone that is collaborative and team orientated and is passionate about building strong relationships. You will also need to be an open and honest communicator - someone that uses their words to inspire and upbuild rather than demoralise. You will also be innovative - always looking for ways to improve.
Having relevant experience as well as the right personality and attitude is important for this role. In terms of experience, you will need to have:
- Global sourcing of raw materials - ideally chemicals, ingredients and experience of CAPEX
- Effective SRM (Supplier Relationship Management) with Key Tiered Suppliers to support supplier collaboration, innovation and continuous improvement stewardship.
- Lead new supplier identification, negotiation, contract implementation, risk assessment, supply continuity
- Generate lead time reductions and stock management to generate cashflow improvements through working with Supply Chain.
- Management of indirect spend analysis for the business to generate cost savings and value-added business.
- Ensure local forecasting & capacity planning teams have all the tools and supply chain capabilities to carry out their roles successfully
- Experience within Manufacturing
- Good understanding of Far East sourcing
- Holistic understanding of Project Buying and NPI
- Proven track record in cost-saving and supplier management
- The ability to travel overseas
In return, you will receive a salary of circa £50,000 plus benefits, flexible working and the opportunity to work for a company that has exceptional values and puts its people first.
If you meet the above criteria, please do not hesitate to apply.