Are you a senior Category Manager, or Procurement Manager looking to make the step up into a heading up a procurement function? Do you have the drive and influencing skills to grow and develop a procurement team, partnering with business critical departments? If so please read on as this role could be perfect for you.
Based in Bracknell, this is a well established organisation that continued to recruit throughout the pandemic . There is genuine opportunity for career progression and development within this organisation.
The Procurement Manager will focus on ensuring that the function optimises the value from spend with suppliers. You will also set strategy and vision for the department whilst establishing strong relationships with stakeholders. You will also act as a category manager for key spend categories, creating and implementing strategies and demonstrating best practice.
You will establish and maintain procurement and vendor management practices, and you will build trusted partnerships with suppliers. Relationship building is key - you will partner with internal stakeholders to ensure that procurement is involved in projects from the outset.
The role will focus on spend areas that include Professional Services, HR spend and general indirects. Therefore you will have a strong track record in delivering in these areas.
In order to carry out this role, you will need the following skills and experience:
- A working knowledge and strong understanding of the principles of category management
- A proven track record of effective stakeholder engagement and influencing
- A business partnering approach
- Previous experience of indirect procurement with a focus on professional services
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines
- A results driven and customer focused outlook
- MCIPS is desirable
In return you will receive a salary of circa £60,000 to £75,000 depending on experience + benefits.