Birmingham, West Midlands
£50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + benefits
7 months ago
I am working exclusively with West Midlands Growth Company to recruit for an exciting new Procurement Lead role. Funding has been secured to deliver a major programme to attract visitors, investors and events to the West Midlands and the UK, and grow export opportunities. The programme is currently being developed - so this is a really exciting time to join and help shape what will be delivered.
As Procurement Lead, you will take ownership and develop the provision of a strategic, efficient, and flexible procurement service delivering value for money, efficiencies, and a quality service, embed the Procurement Framework providing guidance and knowledge sharing for all staff across the organisation and partners and lead the development and implementation of procurement policies to support tendering, contracts management, spend analytics and supplier performance management
You will also build and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders and develop effective management reporting of procurement activities as well as creating and delivering a comprehensive training programme for procurement and processes.
Ideally you will have experience of procuring digital and marketing services, media services and security services as this is a large area of spend for the organisation.
In order to carry out this role you will have the following skills and experience:
- Ideally CIPS qualified, or have significant senior level procurement / category management experience
- Excellent communication / stakeholder management skills, focusing on collaboration and best for business
- Strong Influencing and negotiating skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects, self-motivated and deadline-driven
- Experience of working in a multi-stakeholder / delivery partner environment
- Significant understanding of Public Procurement and OJEU processes - multimillion-pound contracts and use of frameworks including G Cloud
- Experience of developing and implementing procurement strategy and governance processes
- Experience of working in both public and private sector environments
In return, you will receive a salary of £50,000 to £60,000 plus benefits. This is a 3 year fixed term contract role. This is also a remote working opportunity until a date is agreed for the workforce to return to their central Birmingham offices.
If you meet the above criteria, please do not hesitate to apply.